- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
Manual handling is one of the greatest challenges to Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) in the healthcare environment. In this program we will look at manual handling from an ‘every day’ perspective in order to encourage you to think about how you are approaching manual handling tasks. The program will also help you in recognising tasks and actions that have a higher risk of manual handling injury. Written for clinical and non-clinical healthcare workers, this program highlights the importance of having a positive attitude towards staying safe from injury.
This Manual Handling Program should be used as an adjunct to your organisation’s policies and procedures regarding Manual Handling. MANUAL HANDLING ONLINE IS NOT DESIGNED TO REPLACE A PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT.
At the completion of this Manual Handling program, participants will be able to:
- Name the Act of law that governs Occupational Health and Safety in your State or Territory.
- State the Occupational Health and Safety related roles and responsibilities of the employer and employee.
- Appreciate your role in maintaining a safe environment for yourself and others.
- State the four factors that can make manual handling tasks a risk and identify strategies to manage the risk.
- Recognise manual handling risk factors in daily activities as work and home.
- Define the term ‘Office ergonomics’ and identify risks associated with a poor approach to office ergonomics.
This fun interactive Manual Handling education program is suitable for any health professional who requires their CPD (continuing professional development).
- "The Manual Handling Program was easy to use, and I was able to do it via the internet at home"
- "I loved the simplicity of the Manual Handling Training Program. It was online and Flexible with no judgement."
- "The Manual Handling program covered everything and used great visual examples"
- “It was visually appealing, and terms were explained in a manner that was easy to understand.”
- "The assessment question at the end of each section were simple and easy to answer. The content of the program was easy to comprehend"
- "Resources are excellent and duration of time to study was alright."
- "There were interactive activities"
- "Excellent so convenient"
- "Informative assessments easy to understand and complete"