- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
This program provides the foundation for achieving Level 2 training in the prevention and management of aggression in health services as suggested by Worksafe Victoria.
The program may be used as a stand-alone theoretical introduction to creating and maintaining a workplace that is safe from violence and aggression. Included in the program is the module ‘Unacceptable Behaviour in the Workplace’ which introduces the concepts of aggression and bullying behaviours in the everyday workplace.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- State the different forms of unacceptable behaviour in the workplace.
- Define key terms related to occupational aggression and violence.
- Appreciate the importance of preventing aggression and violence in the workplace.
- Identify triggers to aggression and violence and discuss strategies to minimise triggers in the work environment.
- Recognise signs of escalating aggressive behaviour.
- Discuss strategies to assist in the prevention and management of aggressive behaviour.
- Outline the reporting mechanisms for incidents and near misses involving occupational aggression and violence.
This fun interactive online education program is suitable for any health professional who requires their CPD (continuing professional development).