- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
This program is designed for the experienced registered nurse preparing to undertake practical Adult Advanced Life Support (ALS) update/reaccreditation, as required annually by most employers. The intention of this program is to develop the participant's current theoretical knowledge to reflect the latest Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, and the latest evidence.
Participants will be taken through the recognition of life-threatening arrhythmias, medications and the theory of defibrillation skills. This Program should be used as an adjunct to your organisation’s policies and procedures for Advanced Life Support testing. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO REPLACE A PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT. Please note: This program is not designed for “stand alone” ALS training, as concepts are explained in this program only as a reinforcement of prior learning.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Apply the Australian Resuscitation Council’s Advanced Life Support Guideline to practice.
- Nominate appropriate medication administration in cardiac arrest.
- Examine a rhythm strip, recognise distinguishing characteristics and name the rhythm correctly.
- Identify life threatening arrhythmias and discuss the appropriate measures for each arrhythmia.
- Discuss the importance of early defibrillation.
- Understand the terms manual defibrillator, shock advisory external defibrillator (SAED), biphasic and monophasic energy delivery.
It is recommended that this program is undertaken prior to your annual practical reaccreditation of Advanced Life Support skills, to refresh knowledge and improve your confidence.
This fun interactive online nurse education program is suitable for registered nurses who require their CPD (continuing professional development) hours and want to reinforce their theoretical knowledge.